- All adults and children ages 12+ can receive the COVID-19 vaccine at Montefiore by either making an appointment or visiting one of the walk-in locations listed below.
- Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine received emergency use authorization by the Food and Drug Authority (FDA) at a smaller dose for children ages 5- to -11-years. Vaccinations for children 5- to 11-years-old are by appointment only at the following locations: Wakefield Campus, Hutchinson Campus – The Atrium and Montefiore Medical Group sites.
Vaccinations for 5- to 11-year-olds will also be offered at Montefiore School Health Program elementary schools, and visits will be scheduled by phone for patients at each site. If your child is at a Montefiore School Health Program elementary school, you can call the school to schedule a vaccination appointment.
- Montefiore is offering a special vaccine clinic for Children’s Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM) patients and their families. Appointments are scheduled through the patients’ CHAM provider.
Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Vaccine Clinic
CHAM Lobby (3415 Bainbridge Avenue, Bronx, NY 10467)
Thursday and Friday 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
All children 5- to 17-years-old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
To schedule an appointment online:
If you are currently eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, you can schedule the first dose of your COVID-19 vaccination online. If you need assistance, please call our hotline at 1-844-444-CV19 (1-844-444-2819) and select option 1.
If there are no open appointments available when scheduling online, please try back at a later time. We will continue to post new appointment times depending on vaccine supply.
Use Montefiore MyChart to receive notifications when it’s time to get your required second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, and to access documentation of your vaccination at any time. Log in or sign up today.
Montefiore is currently offering both the Pfizer-BioNTech (ages 5+) and Moderna (ages 18+) vaccines. Please see below for more information from the CDC on each vaccine:
Walk-in vaccination (no appointment needed):
Walk-ins will be accommodated, based on availability, for those 12 years and older at the following locations:
- Hutchinson Campus - The Atrium (1776 Eastchester Road, 2nd Floor, Bronx, NY 10461)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wakefield Campus (4141 Carpenter Avenue, Bronx, NY 10466)
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Vaccination sites will be closed Thursday, 11/25 through Sunday, 11/28.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has approved COVID-19 booster doses for all adults ages 18+ who received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines at least six months ago or a single dose of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine at least two months ago. The CDC recommends that adults ages 50+ should receive a booster dose.
People who are age 12 and older and who are moderately or severely immunocompromised are eligible for an additional (third) dose of a vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) as part of their primary series. This includes many people who are getting treatment for cancer, have had organ transplants, or receive treatments that weaken their immune systems.
If you are in one of the categories listed above, you can click here to start the scheduling process and see whether a third/booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is right for you. If you need assistance, please call our hotline at 1-844-444-CV19 (1-844-444-2819) and select option 1 to schedule your vaccination appointment.
For more information about the third/booster vaccine dose, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Some higher-risk individuals should contact their doctors in advance to see if the vaccine is right for them. These groups may include:
- Patients with a history of allergic reaction caused by vaccines
- Patients who are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Patients with a condition affecting their immune system
- Patients undergoing radiation therapy or taking medications that impact the immune system
Please do not schedule a vaccination or come to Montefiore for a vaccination if you:
- Are currently feeling sick
- Have had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 10 days
- Have been instructed by the New York State Department of Health to quarantine
- Have received COVID-19 monoclonal antibody treatment, COVID-19 convalescent plasma treatment or IVIG treatment within the past 90 days
- Have received any other vaccine in the past 14 days
Answers to frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
Dr. Philip O. Ozuah, President and CEO, Montefiore Medicine, on ESPN. As Michael Kay announced on his Podcast yesterday: “I have never on social media seen total unanimity that I’m glad you guys had him on because he really helped educate us.”
If you are currently eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and you are 18+ years old, you can schedule the first dose of your vaccination online.