Now the doctor can see you at home. Announcing doctor video visits from Montefiore FIRST.
We are now offering you the convenience of face-to-face video visits with Montefiore doctors. Doctor video visits are a result of our ongoing commitment to providing access to state-of-the-art healthcare in a way that works best for our patients.
Doctor video visits are convenient and easy to schedule
Doctor video visits are available for any adult or child through the Montefiore FIRST app. Video visits are both convenient and easy to schedule.
- Start by calling the doctor’s office and you and your doctor will decide if a video visit is appropriate. If you need help finding a doctor, call 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683)
- If a video visit is appropriate, your appointment will be scheduled within minutes
- You’ll receive an email notification to confirm your visit
- Download the Montefiore FIRST app for IOS or Android
- You can join your video visit up to 10 minutes before your appointment, and your doctor will join you at the scheduled time.Your visit will conveniently take place on your smartphone or tablet from home or any place you may be. You can be assured that any information shared between you and your doctor will continue to be safe and secure.
Doctor video visits are much like an actual visit but with the convenience of being home
Doctor video visits through Montefiore FIRST are also available via computer using Google Chrome or Firefox browsers. Google Chrome is preferred. Your computer needs to have a working web camera, microphone, speakers and a high-speed internet connection.
Video visits cannot be used for annual physical exams and annual gynecological exams or visits that require x-rays. If you have questions about whether a video visit is right for you at this time, speak with your doctor’s office. If you help finding a doctor, call 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683).
During the video visit, your doctor will already have your chart in hand. Hearing about your symptoms, being able to ask you real-time questions and knowing your medical history will help your doctor during diagnosis. Also, because the Montefiore FIRST technology enables both high quality sound and visual capabilities, it’s much like an actual visit but with the convenience of being home.
Common conditions that may be treated through doctor video visits:
- Back Pain
- Joint or Muscle Pain
- Red Eye
- Respiratory Infections
- Sore Throat
- Sinus Problems
- Stomach Problems
- Urinary Problems
- Vaginal Irritation
- AND more!
About cost and insurance coverage
Your insurance provider may cover the cost of your doctor video visit as many providers now offer telemedicine service coverage for adults and children. You should verify that you have specific benefit coverage for telemedicine services under your benefit plan. Contact your doctor’s office to determine if a video visit is covered by your insurance. We also recommend speaking with your insurance provider directly if you have questions about your coverage.
If your insurance plan is accepted, we’ll collect your out-of-pocket responsibility for an office visit at the time of your video visit check-in. We’ll then bill your insurance for the remaining balance as we would a regular in-person office visit. You will be billed for any remaining balance not covered by your insurance.